Director, Enterprise Information Systems
The position is responsible for the overall strategic planning, organizing, and execution of all Enterprise Information Systems. This position is responsible for providing general oversight of the IT policies and procedures, infrastructure, provisioning, planning, installation and operation. This includes directing all IT operations to meet organizational and facility requirements as well as the support and maintenance of existing applications. The position will be responsible for researching and planning for implementation of the most recent technologies in the industry.
This position will also be responsible for all Enterprise Information Systems project management of both organizational wide and site specific projects focused on meeting project commitments, including communications with sponsors, stakeholders etc. Spends majority of time on project management responsibilities. Leads the design, testing, planning, and implementation of complex projects for systems that typically affect many users
Skills / Requirements
Total Education, Vocational Training and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or equivalent experience of 8 years in related field. Preferred education; Master in Information Technology or equivalent Master’s level education.
Minimum 8 years of increasingly responsible experience and technical expertise, including experience successfully managing various projects and support teams. Outstanding grasp of information technology concepts and processes. Demonstrated aptitude for effective leadership of multidisciplinary teams and staff.
Sills & Abilities
1. Ability to analyze complex business needs presented by the user community and/or clients and recommends technical solutions
2. Deep knowledge of principles, practices and theories in own professional discipline. May have knowledge of more than one professional discipline.
3. Outstanding record of project management success, both in results achieved and in use of professional methodology. Pro-active in developing and implementing strategies that significantly mitigate risk.
4. Designs solutions for varied internal/external clients.
5. Strong and current awareness of external trends and best practices.
6. Critical Thinking Skills: Identifies, develops, and initiates innovations and solutions where precedents and procedures may not exist. Works cross-functionally to solve problems and implement changes. Analyzes decisions and actions for their support of the larger area's strategic direction. Works with senior management to resolve more complex problems.
7. Demonstrates superior inter-personal skills, conflict resolution, and negotiating skills.
8. Ensures open communication across project teams.
9. Handles broad-based, often complex, communication for internal and/or external audiences. Creates a forum and format for ongoing open communication within functional area or among departments.
10. Regularly makes decisions and takes independent action on matters directly affecting strategic goals. Guides staff and project managers in learning and applying useful decision making approaches.
11. Uses basic knowledge of general financial and accounting principles to understand and communicate how decisions affect bottom line for project, EIS and the organization.
12. Clear, concise and effective writing.
13. Recognizes how corporate culture impacts the success of the project; knows how to use organization to achieve objectives.
14. Expert use of computer office automation software and applications.
15. Competent use of internet and research information.
16. Effective and articulate communication.
17. Effective customer service.
18. Demonstrates team work.
19. Ability to multi-task due to deadlines outlined by leadership.
20. Flexibility, willingness to facilitate change and to take on other duties as assigned.
21. Commitment to excellent customer service.
Pay: $95,000 to $120,000/year
Job Status: Full Time