The Endoscopy Technician, under minimum supervision, performs a variety of duties in the department as member of the team. Must have ability to assist the physician on all endoscopy cases performed at the Surgery Center and responsible for the set-up and preparation for cases by assembling the supplies/equipment needed for the procedure and instrument/scope cleaning post-procedure
- Demonstrates clinical competency in endoscopy department, prioritization and problem solving skills during implementation of direct patient care under the supervision of the registered nurse.
- Provides and maintains an organized field and physical environment following infection control guidelines and policies and procedures.
- Assists with patient care under the direct supervision of an RN.
- Ability to demonstrate appropriate sterile and aseptic technique.
- Ability to perform endoscopy technician functions according to AORN/SGNA Recommended Practices and Center policy and Procedures.
Skills / Requirements
Minimum of one year of recent experience in endoscopy department.
The ideal candidate will have the knowledge of Provation System and Steris IE.
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time