Manager, Enterprise Information Systems Operations
The Manager of Enterprise Information Systems Operations is a key member of the business service management team focused on delivery of best in class customer service to all facilities, strategic partners and staff throughout the organization. As a member of the business service management team this position will work closely with the administrators of all facilities and leadership of all business service support groups to include accounting and finance, supply chain, revenue cycle, managed care, and marketing.
This position is responsible for providing oversight of IT vendors who provide IT helpdesk, network support, other IT application services, infrastructure, provisioning, planning, installation and operation to align with the business needs of the organization and multiple locations. This includes directing all IT operations to meet organizational and facility requirements as well as the support and maintenance of existing applications.
This position is responsible for completing orientation, evaluation, performance counseling and all other human resources functions for all personnel that report to this position. This position will be accountable for service performance, customer satisfaction and financial performance of their team.
Skills / Requirements
Total Education, Vocational Training and Experience:
Associate degree in related field or 3 years related experience in a healthcare technology setting to include a Physician Office, Outpatient, or acute care setting is preferred.
The IT Operations Manager has experience in IT administrative billing, asset management, system change management, and vendor management.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Possess strong knowledge of information technology terminology and Enterprise Information System functions.
2. Possesses accurate judgment, especially handling and dealing with patient accounts.
3. The ability to guide and motivate others, provide necessary direction while instilling confidence in the decisions being made.
4. Versatile and willing to coordinate with and participate in, when necessary, all other aspects of Enterprise Information Systems. Possess strong initiative to get daily work finished and processed.
5. Has ability to communicate effectively with vendors, providers and staff members through clear written and oral communication.
6. Has the ability to articulate issues, action plans/next step when an issue or problem arises and keep all stakeholders informed of the issue
7. Knows when to seek guidance and assistance from leadership by escalating issues with the appropriate background, approach, and recommendations.
8. Is courteous, understanding and sympathetic toward vendors, providers and staff.
9. Develops strong working relationships with all stakeholders and interact in a positive manner and to communicate well with vendors, providers and staff.
10. The ability to work with others outside your functional area.
11. Ability to handle confidential information and use discretion in dealing with the public.
12. Ability to set priorities and work independently and solve problems.
13. Ability to handle multiple task.
14. Ability to lift objects up to 15 pounds.
15. Ability to enter data into computer, files large amounts of paper, and use office
A. Job Knowledge
Primary Position Responsibilities
1. Maintains proper staffing of department staff.
2. Directly manage the IT Managed Service Provider (MSP).
3. Manage and resolve all escalated IT issues from the IT MSP.
4. Develop and maintain standard of procedure for all operation tasks.
5. Support new office’s IT infrastructure launch.
6. Oversee and perform support for systems within scope of responsibility.
7. Oversee provisioning of local and remote end-user services, including help desk and technical support services
8. Oversee asset management for IT hardware, software and equipment
9. Implement, in collaboration with management, policies, guidelines and procedures, including those for infrastructure architecture, information security, data retention, backup and recovery, purchasing and service provision.
10. Ensures a high level of fiscal control and accountability for Enterprise Information System budget(s) within scope of responsibility.
11. Ensures the consistency and maintainability of existing applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions
12. Ensures that Enterprise Information System support teams are meeting organizational goals for service and customer support.
13. Directs operations in executing production tasks according to a documented schedule to include; installation of new servers and hardware configuration, data backup operations, system monitoring for security, and end user provision.
14. Oversee Knowledge Management as relates to scope of responsibilities, ensuring current and relevant document for use by IT resources and end users.
15. Directs all Enterprise Information System education programs for staff organization wide as it pertains to application and process scope of responsibility.
16. Participate in outside professional activities to maintain knowledge on developments in the field. Establish liaisons with other comparable vendor users to keep abreast of status of similar activities at these institutions.
17. Lead planning and/or implementation of projects as assigned. May participate in the design and/or testing phases.
18. Facilitate the definition of service levels and customer requirements. Interact regularly with existing or potential clients to determine their needs and to develop plans for improving delivery. Advocate on behalf of clients and represent clients' needs as appropriate to senior management. Work cross-functionally to solve problems and implement changes.
19. Present oral and written reports defining plans, problems, and resolutions to appropriate levels of management.
20. Manage hardware and software vendor relationships.
21. Uses good interpersonal skills to promote positive, effective interaction with customers/patients and to promote quality service to ensure flow of information to appropriate staff and professionals.
22. Performs additional job related duties as requested by supervisor and leadership team.
23. Demonstrate competencies applicable to the job position.
Pay: $60,000 to $75,000/year
Job Status: Full Time