Sterile Processing Department Supervisor
Key responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Oversee the day by day operation of the CSPD.
- Check the schedule in advance and plan accordingly to best support the case load.
- Coordinate with sister facilities and/or other facilities when instruments are needed to be obtained.
- Check inventory in the CSPD and coordinate with Materials Department on ordering supplies and instruments.
- Coordinate with OR Leadership on the needs of the CSPD with regards to staffing and supplies.
- Support CSPD staff in education and training.
- Assist the Nursing Leadership in Regulatory requirements for
- Act as resource person to the staff.
- Assist the OR Leadership in providing best patient care and customer service.
- Other duties and responsibilities as listed on the CSPD Tech job description.
- 401K retirement with company contribution
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
Monday – Friday, no nights, call or holidays
Skills / Requirements
- Accepts delegation, instruction and supervision from the professional nurse or the person authorized to delegate tasks
- Ability to set priorities
- Ability to communicate well with physicians, patients, co-workers
- Ability to work within the team
- Is able to function directly or assist in the duties of all team members
- HS Diploma or GED
- Completion of sterile processing training program or
- 1 year of sterile processing experience
- BLS within 1 month of hire.
- Certification required.
Job Status: Full Time