The Technician, under minimum supervision, performs a variety of duties in the department as member of the team. Must have ability to assist the physician on all Pain/Surgical procedures performed at the Surgery Center and responsible for the set-up and preparation for cases by assembling the supplies/equipment needed for the procedure and instrument cleaning post-procedure
- Demonstrates clinical competency in pain and surgical procedures, prioritization and problem solving skills during implementation of direct patient care under the supervision of the registered nurse.
- Provides and maintains an organized field and physical environment following infection control guidelines and policies and procedures.
- Assists with patient care under the direct supervision of an RN.
- Ability to demonstrate appropriate sterile and aseptic technique.
- Ability to perform surgical/pain technician functions according to AORN Recommended Practices and Center policy and Procedures.
Skills / Requirements
Minimum of one year of recent experience in Surgical department.
Graduate of a Surgical technology program.
Job Status: Full Time